Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Projects

I am really bad at updating blogs but I wanted to start posting some of my many hopeful upcoming projects. I have started to frequent pinterest.com and have fallen in love with the site. There are so many great crafts and DIY not to mention other wonderful links to all over the internet. It is like heaven for my ADD brain. I decided starting a list and prioritizing some of the things that I want to accomplish from the website might help me stay organized, haha. So here it is...

  1. Gifts (can't post the actual project until they are completed and sent out)
  2. Kitchen Island
    I got the idea from here. Ours will be red to match the rest of the kitchen. We desperately need some more storage space in the kitchen.
  3. Lack Tiled Side Table
    I got this idea from two places. I wanted something different for our side table. Something that would add some more color. I saw this at IKEA Hackers and loved it but I couldn't find the right tiles to match our living room. Then I ran across this when I was Pinterest. So I am in the middle of first making 121 2x2 tiles with mod podge, some scrapbook paper, and clear gloss spray paint. After I am done with the tiles then I will glue them to the table and finally lay the grout. This project is almost complete and I will write a complete post along with picture on it when it is finished.
    IMG_1140
  4. Family Rules Collage
    Hopefully this will look something along the lines of this. I want something that I can hang in the living room, maybe framed to remind the kids of our rules.
  5. Bored Jar
    Love this idea. It is just what my kids need, especially my middle daughter. On days that she has misbehaved and lost TV and computer time she comes to me at least 25 times to let me know that she is bored. I think this may fix it.
  6. Scrabble Coasters
    A gift for my mom.
  7. Detail Chore Cards and Incentives
    This is something that I have worked on, on and off. I ran across another woman who did something similar and it reminded me that I needed to refresh mine and start back. I will make a separate post explaining how our incentive plan works or at least how I hope for it to work.
  8. Towel Baskets in the Bathroom
    Great idea for our very small bathroom!
  9. Advent Calendar
    I want to make sure the kids have an advent calendar this year. Now I just have to decide which one to make.

0 comments: