Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

My latest project was our Halloween costumes. I love Halloween. Even as an adult it is so much fun to dress up. This year we all decided to go as DC Comic Book characters.

Batman & Wonder Woman
My husband made his Batman costume so I am not sure what all it was made with. The hardest part of my costume was making the silver pieces. I used silver styrene. I cut the shapes and then formed them by dipping them in boiling water and molding them while they were still hot. Every thing else I bought. Pants came from American Apparel. Jacket came from Buckle. Necklace came from Belks. Can't recall where the rest came from.

Poison Ivy
For the Poison Ivy costume I bought a leotard and sewed on leaves. Then wrapped her with a vine that also had leaves on it. Her eye pieces are made out of craft foam, painted, and then I added gold glitter paint to accent them. She wore brown tights with some brown boots.

Harley Quinn
For the Harley Quinn costume I used a purple dress that she already had. I cut the skirt part off the dress. Then used Heat & Bond to add red diamonds to it. Then I took the ties from the dress and added them to a corset that I was going to use for my Wonder Woman costume. The mallet was made out of a large car wash sponge that I paid a dollar for and a piece of pvc pipe wrapped in electrical tap. This was my last minute costume because she wasn't sure that she wanted to dress up. Here tights are just two pairs of with a leg cut off of each. The cut off leg I used for her gloves.

Robin 
The only costume we bought. We did make the domino mask by cutting a green lantern mask. He wasn't feeling well so he didn't have his full costume on. 

0 comments: