Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Distraction At It's Finest

The older and more self aware I have gotten the more I have learned how much my ADHD runs my life and always has. It was such a relief once I got a diagnosis because so much made since about growing up and why I didn't always fit the mold that I felt like I should. I don't take medication. I have before and they caused me severe anxiety so it is what it is. I look for tools that hopefully will help but usually don't. My mind jumps from subject to subject which leaves my life in chaos most the time. For the most part I try to embrace it. There are really things I love about it. I love that I face each project with the eyes of a child. Nothing will stop me and I don't care how crazy of an idea it is. It use to really bother me and I use to worry about what others would think. Again with self awareness comes the knowledge that it doesn't matter what someone else thinks. At the end of the day most peoples opinions of me really don't matter as long as I am happy.

I like telling my story about getting into surrogacy. The story explains a lot about how I am once I get an idea in my head. I had thought about being a surrogate years before but my ex-husband was totally against the idea. I didn't really think much about it again until my husband (boyfriend then) and I were talking. We were complaining about money and not having enough. He said something about donating plasma. In my crazy brain that triggered that old idea of being a surrogate. Over the next 4 hours I obsessively researched, if you know a person with ADHD you know all about this focus that all of a sudden comes from nowhere.  DH had no idea that what he had said had sparked something and by the time he got home I had made up my mind that I was going to have a baby for someone else and nothing was going to stop me. My grandmother always said "Emily is going to do what Emily is going to do". How right she is. Two surrogacies later and another on the horizon all it took was a joke about donating plasma. If anyone decides to read about my boring life you will find that my fun and crazy ideas often spark from something so simple.

What I haven't finished today or even started....

  • My policies & procedures for my daycare. Really should have made an effort to take care of this.
  • I really planned on getting some cleaning done in my room today. 


What I have done today...

  • I wrote this blog entry
  • I decluttered the bar area and found the key to my child care payment box (it has been missing since I bought it).
  • I started dinner at 10:30am in the crock pot. This is huge for me. I very rarely ever remember to start a crockpot meal. Usually I forget and forget aaaannnnnd forget and what every I planned to make ends up turning into a science project in the fridge.
  • I picked up some pizzeria chairs I found on WAX (an Asheville facebook group that puts all the crazy things I love about Asheville into one place). Got them for $4 a piece. Granted they need to be recovered but they will be perfect when they are finished.
  • I took 3 kids to the indoor playground at the mall for two hours to get some energy out. 







0 comments: