Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day

To begin with I love the snow. We haven't had a good snow in about 2 years so I was very excited when it started last night.

IMG_2309

5:30 am

This morning when hubby woke up to see if he had to go to work he woke me up to tell me there were a couple inches so I got up, got dressed, and took the dogs out for their first time in the snow ever. Then crawled back under the covers for another hour and a half of sleep.

IMG_2314

7:00

The kids were up and ready to go out.

7:30

All three were bundled up and heading for the dor. Our neighbors were already out building a snowman. So with kids, dogs, and camera in tow we went to play. I am sure we woke up half the neighborhood with our snowball fight. And this was all before breakfast.

IMG_2330 IMG_2329 IMG_2366

8:00

Cold, wet, and hungry we headed back to the house for oatmeal and hot chocolate to warm us up.

IMG_2373

The rest of the morning was spent hanging around the house with a couple of cups of coffee and reading. Did I mention I love snow days?

11:30

We headed up to The restaurant because my mother was opened and I knew she wouldn't have any business plus it was time to get out of the house. The restaurant has been closed for two weeks so we can all rest, well except me I do end off year accounting during the two weeks we are closed. So anyway it was nice to be able to order my favorite sandwich (Greek Pita with no tomatoes, no cucumbers, add chicken).

12:30

Grabbed the sleds and headed for the kids school. It has the best sled hills. I have been sledding there all my life. Went down with Anabelle first, of course lost control of the sled the first time down, saved my baby from getting hurt but busted my hand up pretty good. Well of course I couldn't just take one down so I had to suck it up and take the rest of the kids for a ride, bleeding and all. The rest went a little better. We went to a smaller hill for the kids to go down on there own. Hubby went a couple times too, he couldn't control the sled at all so I didn't feel so bad. Left wet, cold, and tired. Came home watched TV and did nothing till 4 when I got the house picked up and started dinner. Now I am sitting down for a little more R&R. Picture of sledding to be posted when I get them off the camera.

Well that was our snow day adventure. I need to approach life as a child a little more often.

0 comments: