Saturday, January 17, 2009

A year later...

Well it has been exactly a year since I wrote my last blog entry. There have been lots of change in my life and I think this would be a good time to start writing again. I have been preaching to myself about the chance for a new beginning for a couple months now. While many of these changes have caused much more heartache then I ever expected to have to endure in a lifetime, they are also giving me the chance to start over.

The exciting changes begin with a chance to start over with a new home. We left the negativity and clutter of the old house and moved to a new place in the heart of the town a love. My bedroom even looks over the town so that when I awake in the morning and am feeling lonely I can look out and remember all the people in this town that love me and are looking out for me. The kids love being in town, close to their friends, a walk away from the park and school, and closer to family. So although it was a little more of a financial burden it has caused a lot more positive changes then I ever thought it could!

As far as those I am surrounding myself with, my new motto is "Never make someone a priority, when they only make you an option". I have felt betrayed by a lot of those that I considered to be good friends and have decided to let this too go. New beginnings, new friends! I am going to surround myself with those that will be there for me like I am for them. I would not have made it through this with out a couple people who have stayed true and really been there for me. I could not have survived without Jamie. She has come to my rescue more then once and listened every time I needed a friend.
Then the ladies at 3ML! Although many of them I have never met I would have been lost without their kind words and their wisdom. Whether I am a military wife or not I know that I can always count on them. Also my extended family at the restaurant has been so wonderful through this all. Lots of thank yous go out to all these people.

A change that I am still a little reluctant to talk about is a new friend in my life. Don't want to ruin anything by making to big deal about it but he is a great guy and whatever it becomes we will at least be great friends.

Some quotes that help defined some of these changes:
"Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway."
"I will not live the life that someone else thinks that I should live!" ~ My own personal quote
"Never make someone a priority, when they only make you an option."
"Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am *so* sorry to hear that we have so much in common! It's a terrible thing to go through and I would never wish it on anyone. But I am glad to feel like there are people out there who can identify with what I've been going through.
It's been five months or so since I moved out (I left in late August), and I'm a new woman already. It's been the most painful and liberating few months of my life.
Anyway, glad to meet you, and I'll keep reading!