Monday, January 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY...
Outside my window... is a town that I love. I cannot say enough how much looking out my new bedroom window and having a view of a town that has raised me and loved me since I was a child has helped my heart heal. We have been in the new house a month now and each day I realize what a blessing it is and what it is doing for us all.

I am thinking...
how nice it would be if I would start feeling better and my nose would stop running. I have been sick twice in a month and a half and it is really getting old.

I am thankful for
... so many people right now because with out them I would have not survived the last 5 months; my children, my family, Scott, my ladies at 3LM, and my extended family at the Purple Onion.

From the kitchen
... came 6 fabulous meals this week. Thanks to Organizing Junkie's Meal Plan Monday! My favorite being the Beef Fillet with Bacon and Gorgonzola Sauce. It is the first time in my life that I have ever cooked a fillet and it came out amazing! Scott seemed to like it too.
I am wearing... my favorite gray shirt (which needs to be mended soon) and jeans. Nothing too exciting.
I am creating... a new blog which is coming along nicely and giving me something fun to do. I am also creating an office/craft room which I am very exciting. I can not wait to get back to creating scrapbook pages and actually having the room to spread out.

I am going...
to go and eat sushi at Umi tonight with Scoot and then go grab a drink at The Black Rose so we can say hello to Dana. I have been craving Umi since I left the first time we tried it. It is amazing sushi in downtown Hendersonville NC. I am getting avocado rolls, tuna rolls, and the rolls with crab in them (can't remember what they are called).

I am reading
... Some Other Place, The Right Place by Donald Harrington. And of course I am reading my daily dose of internet. I started getting in to reading a couple of blogs because that has become my new thing. I am reading 3LM of course. My military wives keep me sane! Love you girls! And then reading what ever else random thing I come across on the internet.

I am hoping... that I will be feeling better tomorrow so that I can work. Also hoping that the kids are feeling better tomorrow so that they can go to school. I really can't afford to take the days off.

I am hearing
quiet which is very unusual in my house. Nothing but the sound of me typing and my labored breathing due to this cold. I love nights and early mornings for this reason. While I love my children it is always nice to have just a little but of quiet!

Around the house
there is peace because it is clean and has stayed that way for a month. I can not tell you how good that feels! I don't know why it was so hard in the past to keep a clean house but it just never seemed to be neat and tiddy. Now that it is just me and the kids I am able to get it clean and still have the time to spend time with the kids and take some time for myself. The only thing in the house that needs to be done is the laundry and I blame this darn cold.

One of my favorite things
is to curl up with my babies and watch a movie on the couch. We have been doing that a lot lately. The girls and I weren't feeling well yesterday so we curled up and watch the Titanic. Boy did I forget how long of a movie that was. But it was good and afterwards we all felt a little better and were able to get some chores done around the house.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Well work and school of course... then tonight is Sushi night and the kids have a sitter, Wednesday is LOST night and Scott is coming over, Thursday is Grey's Anatomy, and the rest of the week is pretty free. Hopefully I will come up with some things to do to keep us busy. It also feels like I am forgetting something but I can't think of what.

Here is picture thought I am sharing
...

because now that I have written about sushi, it is all I can think about!

0 comments: